Heath Mount Primary School works with Coombs Catering to provide good value, nutritionally based school meals.
As a healthy school we actively encourage good quality nutrition and children have a variety of choices of vegetables, salad and fruit each day. Menus are on a three week rota. Examples of some of the menus are below.
- Dinners cost £2.40 per day (£12.00 a week) for Key Stage 2 children.
- Dinners are free for all children in Reception and Key Stage 1 as of September 2014.
Dinner money needs to be paid each week, although some parents choose to pay in advance for each half term. Payments should be submitted online on the Arbor app in advance.
Some children are eligible for free school meals for families in receipt of certain benefits. Please contact the school office with your National Insurance Number and your date of birth so our office can check your child/children for free school meal eligibility. This can be done either in person, or by phone or email if you would prefer.
We also encourage healthy choices for children bringing packed lunches from home. Packed lunches need to include:
- Something substantial (such as a sandwich, crackers or some pasta).
- Some vegetables or fresh fruit.
- A small dessert (such as a cake bar or biscuit).
- A drink (water or fruit juice).
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD INTO SCHOOL WITH FIZZY DRINKS OR PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS.
Please contact the school for more advice or information if required.
Free School Meals
All children who are in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 (Key Stage 1) are entitled to a free school meal irrespective of parental circumstances. This means that if you have a child in these years they may have a hot meal from school.
Free school meals may be available if parents receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods),
- Income Support, income-based
- Jobseeker's Allowance,
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance,
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190,
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Read more about Free School Meals
It is quick and easy to find out if your child is eligible for Free School Meals. We would encourage all parents and carers to apply online to check eligibility. The online checking service will instantly advise you if your child is eligible to receive free school meals. In addition, for every child entitled to free school meals we will also receive additional funding (Pupil Premium) from the Government which we use to use support teaching & learning.
Simply apply online at www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/birmingham/
You will need your national insurance number or national asylum support service reference number & your child’s date of birth.
If you are unable to access the internet, an application can be made by school. If you would like school to apply on your behalf or if you need any further support or assistance in completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Miss Bi on 0121 464 1691.